Monday, November 3, 2008

Quit My Job!

This weekend, Ian and I had a long talk, and decided it was best for me to quit my job. I was scheduled to return in two weeks, and had been dreading it. When I was pregnant, I had planned on returning for at least the rest of the school year, and then considering a new job. But once the little bug arrived, I began wishing I could just quit now.
My office is an hour away from home - that means I would not see Oli for 11 hours of the day. And with Ian being out of town a lot, Oliver would get home in the evening just in time to get ready for bed. I was NOT going to be okay with that. I will miss my coworkers, they are great people, but the drive is just not worth it.
I am looking for a new job, but I'm not in a huge rush yet. I would love to work part-time and close to home, but a full-time job will be okay as long as I'm not too far! I would also like to eventually return to Drake to finish my Master's, but I'm not sure when.
For now, I'm going to enjoy all this time I get with my little one. I have found that in the last year, I have gotten more 'granola' than I ever thought I would. I'm a breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping mama and I'm okay with that! In fact I'm proud of it! I think that even just another month of being at home with Oli will be so good for both of us.

So...if you hear of any great jobs that deal with kiddos, let me know! :)

No comments: