Thursday, February 26, 2009
Here you go mommies- a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yep, although it happened a lot faster than we thought it would!
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yep, a whole three months.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Ecstatic!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Three pregnancy tests. I had to know for sure!
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Ian, of course......
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? yes
9. DUE DATE? August 6, 2008
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not once. yay!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I craved more red meat than usual.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Being asked, "How are you feeling" twenty times a day for 9 1/2 months. Oh, and "Have you had the baby yet?" when I went past my due date.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I would have been happy with either!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? a lot!!! luckily it's all gone now.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yep, two!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? nada.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Methodist
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? depends on what 'labor' means. He was born 27 hours after they started my induction (and contractions started), 20 hours after my water broke, or 13 hours after Pitocin was started (when the GOOD contractions started). You decide.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Ian.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ian, Kambra, my midwife, and nurses.
23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION? Vaginal
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Nope.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 10 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? August 19th, 11:27pm (33 minutes shy of 2 weeks late!)
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Oliver Vernon Tice
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 6 months!!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
After a rough first two months, we finally got breastfeeding figured out and it's still going great!
And, this morning I stepped on the scale and I'm right at my goal weight!! Yay!
Oliver is crawling up a storm, he is getting so quick! He is already pulling himself up, usually onto our legs but sometimes on the couch or his musical table (a fun toy from Aunt Anna). He hasn't started to really cruise yet but I'm sure that is coming. I'm guessing that he'll be walking by 10 months.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Hide the powercords - Oli is crawling! And of course he's already going for all the things he's not supposed to play with. Powercords, remotes, books, magazines, my paperwork....you know, all the fun stuff!
He has also managed to pull himself up to standing a few times, using my or Ian's leg. He's growing so fast!! Granna says he'll be walking before he's one, I think I agree with her.