Saturday, August 14, 2010

We love the Natural Playscape at Jester Park!
Finn has learned to bounce in his jumperoo and looooves it!
Is he a happy baby or what?!
Well Finn turned five months old today (and I actually got the photos up on time!). Time is really flying by. Finn is now rolling and scooting, usually backwards. He can easily grab his pacifier and put it in his mouth, along with just about everything else. We've definitely hit that stage where he reaches for everything nearby, making it difficult to eat, drink, or do just about anything while holding him! Lately he has been cutting down on naps, and for most of this week he's just had a short nap in the morning, a long nap in the afternoon (when Oli and I also nap!), and then is awake until bedtime.
He absolutely adores Oliver, and I think Oli feels the same way. Finn is watching him all the time, and you just know he wants to follow Oli everywhere! I think once Finn starts to crawl, Oliver might have a hard time getting away from him!
I took the boys on a long (hot) walk this afternoon in the double stroller. Finn stared at Oliver almost the whole trip, and Oliver was reading a book and pointing things out to me and Finn. I am looking forward to watching their relationship develop!
Oliver continues to talk and talk, adding new words everyday. He's also starting to use short 'sentences.' I read him a book this morning that had a boy flying a kite in it, and later on in the day he brought me the book, found the kite page, and said, "Fy kite!" His favorite thing to say right now is, "Aw, man!" Ian taught him that one, of course.
Oliver's 2nd birthday is coming up very soon - and tomorrow he'll be getting his very first haircut! This is a big deal for me - I've been going back and forth for about six months! I love his crazy hair but it's just a little too out of control lately. I'm just not ready for my first baby to be a little boy! I will be sure to post before and after photos!

No comments: