Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eleven Months!

Wow, where has the time gone? It's been almost a year since Oliver was born, and it seems like a month.
What we have been up to lately:
Oli is truly a monkey. I turn my back for one second, and this is what he does.
Doesn't he look so proud of himself??
We went to the Big Creek playground after dinner Saturday night. Oli loved playing in the sand and watching all the other kids run around.


When I was making lunch today, Oli decided to climb INTO the cupboard...but then couldn't figure out how to climb out, so he was a little mad.

The last week has been teething hell. I knew that Oli's top two teeth were working their way down for the last few months (he takes FOREVER), but this week was awful! He was cranky throughout the day, didn't sleep well at all, and nothing seemed to help. It was twice as bad as when his bottom teeth came in. Thursday I was able to really check out his gums and......all FOUR of his top teeth are coming in. No wonder it was worse. He started feeling much better by Friday, and is back to sleeping normal again. This morning I spotted one tooth, and I'm sure the rest are soon to follow. (And by soon, I mean in the next month. Cuz that's how long he takes!)
I'm kind of sad...he won't have his cute gummy smile anymore! (It'll still be cute...just not the same.)
Otherwise, Oliver is great as normal! He is starting to use the "all done/all gone" sign when he is done eating and when he wants out of the bath. He isn't giving kisses as much, but does give great big hugs and is trying to blow kisses. We didn't teach him to blow kisses, he has just picked it up from Austin! He is walking more and more, although he still crawls when he wants to get somewhere fast. But he has walked across the room on his own several times, so I think it's safe to say he's a walker now. He gets into anything and everything. Our house is always destroyed, because just when I pick up one mess he's made another.
I'm going to try and post more often. Not only to keep you guys updated, but so that I have something to look back on later when my mama-brain is fried. I've done a terrible job of keeping up with Oli's baby book, so this will help me fill in all the details later!

No comments: